This is the official blog of Northern Arizona slam poet Christopher Fox Graham. Begun in 2002, and transferred to blogspot in 2006, FoxTheBlog has recorded more than 670,000 hits since 2009. This blog cover's Graham's poetry, the Arizona poetry slam community and offers tips for slam poets from sources around the Internet. Read CFG's full biography here. Looking for just that one poem? You know the one ... click here to find it.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Azami at Midnight

I love her most in the midnights
when the world slips into dreamscapes
and she closes her eyes
there, the world becomes conjecture
her breathing exhales stars ... one by one
rising through windows open to the dark
they spell out her name in a language only I know
ancient and beautiful

In the daylight, I remember her skin
the way it soothes like summer rain
washes off all my unholy sins
reminds me I'm worth living for
worth all my failed stories
but, the secrets, I will only whisper when she slumbers
and only my echoes wake her

No comments: