This is the official blog of Northern Arizona slam poet Christopher Fox Graham. Begun in 2002, and transferred to blogspot in 2006, FoxTheBlog has recorded more than 670,000 hits since 2009. This blog cover's Graham's poetry, the Arizona poetry slam community and offers tips for slam poets from sources around the Internet. Read CFG's full biography here. Looking for just that one poem? You know the one ... click here to find it.

Monday, July 20, 2009

How Deeds Gervasio saved my slam and ass

Half the reason the poetry slam went off without much of a hitch, despite the mic dying from a dead battery midway through round three, was due to Deeds showing up in my moment of desperation to keep score and time.
My other scorekeeper simply never showed nor called.

I texted half a dozen people people before I heard back from Danielle. She showed up just before 7:00 p.m. and worked the whole slam, keeping score and time, and heckling me when the time was right.

Which, of course, makes her even more awesome.

1 comment:

mikel weisser said...

Now that girl, she was the shit. Really stepped up and made it happen. Thanks Deeds.