This is the official blog of Northern Arizona slam poet Christopher Fox Graham. Begun in 2002, and transferred to blogspot in 2006, FoxTheBlog has recorded more than 670,000 hits since 2009. This blog cover's Graham's poetry, the Arizona poetry slam community and offers tips for slam poets from sources around the Internet. Read CFG's full biography here. Looking for just that one poem? You know the one ... click here to find it.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Facebook Chat Haiku

Facebook Chat Haiku
Into the ether
of the Internet she went
questions unanswered

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a lovely time to look back on! I hope all is well.

-Menthol

FoxThePoet said...

It is, but I could use a little Menthol in my life again.

Anonymous said...

You're too kind, but I'll give you something to smoke; I've fallen in love. Listen:

Emblazoned in starlight and casually cool
We sit there entangled in breaking the rules
With no hesitation, I reach for his hand
We’re tripping and falling with no place to land

The sun goes down and the stars come out
And now I know without a doubt
That his voice will continue to sing in my mind
And that it’s really ok to leave things behind
Because before him, I was only a thief
I stole kisses and love, no matter how brief

But now…

Now I am a river, twisting and flowing
Cascading around him without really knowing
Which way to go or how to stay;
He is a million moments in just one day.