This is the official blog of Northern Arizona slam poet Christopher Fox Graham. Begun in 2002, and transferred to blogspot in 2006, FoxTheBlog has recorded more than 670,000 hits since 2009. This blog cover's Graham's poetry, the Arizona poetry slam community and offers tips for slam poets from sources around the Internet. Read CFG's full biography here. Looking for just that one poem? You know the one ... click here to find it.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Poetry at GumptionFest V

Poetry feature slots will be between acts. If you get a slot after a band, go to the host before the band ends its set and tell them who you are.

You get a few minutes to perform. Be quick. Be awesome.

The band will be breaking down behind you and the next band will be setting up. Ignore them and rock the mic.

Make sure to mention the slam and the Haiku Death Match if you are competing it them later.

GumptionFest Poetry Slam

Sign-up for the GumptionFest Poetry Slam will be Saturday, Sept. 11, at 4 p.m. at Studio Live, located at 215 Coffee Pot Drive, on the north end of the festival.

I'm only making the slot like this in case I get people who bail or who want to sign up last minute.

Anyone who has contacted me by around midnight Saturday, Sept. 10, before GumptionFest day one starts will have preferential treatment for a slam slot.

The prize will be around $50-$100, depending on my whims, because it's coming out of my pocket. *

Haiku Death Match

Sign-up for the Haiku Death Match will be Sunday at 3:30 p.m. at the outdoor Art Stage, located at 2020 Contractors Road, due north of the GumptionFest art gallery.

I'm only making the slot like this in case I get people who bail or who want to sign up last minute.

Anyone who has contacted me by around midnight Saturday, Sept. 11, after the first day of GumptionFest but before the second, will have preferential treatment for a Haiku Death Match slot.

The prize will be around $50, depending on my whims, because it's coming out of my pocket. *



* As it's my cash and my stage to host, be nice or GFY. Don't cause drama with me day-of, I have no patience. I love you all. But I seriously have no mercy for drama-bombs during GumptionFest.

No comments: